What’s All the Buzz About Bioactive Preventive Materials?
Speaker: Connie Kugel, RDH, BS
Dental professionals have become increasingly interested in bioactivity and biomimetics. Attendees will have the opportunity to learn more about bioactivity and biomimetics and new materials that work with these principles. The instructor will discuss the background of bioactivity, where it comes from and how the science has progressed so we may now have products that can help patients attain better oral health. Preventive and restorative bioactive materials will be included in this program., with an emphasis on prevention. Hands-on activities include practice with bioactive dental materials including varnish, pit and fissure sealants and more.
- Define bioactivity and biomimetics
- Understand how bioactivity can be utilized in dentistry
- Learn about bioactive dental materials
- Discuss the difference between traditional dental materials and bioactive materials
- Determine how bioactivity can be incorporated into the patient treatment
- Practice using bioactive dental materials including varnish, pit and fissure sealants and more